Finding the right speaker is one of the hardest things you can do to plan an event. I’ve attended loads of events and watched hundreds of video of good and bad speakers, and I know how important it is to make the right choice.
After all, if you choose the right speaker, not only will you have a great event, but you will make a real impact on the group of people you serve. This page will give you a taste of the kind of speaker I am, so you can find the right fit for your audience and make a choice with greater ease.
Thanks for stopping by and for considering me for your event.
An Overview Of This Page
What You Can Expect
A Little Bit About Me
Sample Video Clip
The Next Step
If you want to check my availability or if you have any questions before you get started please click the button below!
What To Expect
- Prompt, professional replies to your calls or emails. (Please note, I do not check email daily, but all emails are returned within 48 hours for urgent matters or within one week for non urgent emails.)
- A personal phone consultation with me prior to your event, so that my talk is tailored to fit your audience and event as well as to make sure your questions are answered.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (Only applies to public events where promotion to my list is requested.)
- A professional and inspiring presentation delivered in a mindful style aligned with the intentions you have for your event.
- A custom resource page that will include the slides from the event as well as any other links or resources I believe will be helpful to your audience.
- A follow up consultation after the event to make sure I met your expectations. (And also to learn what I could have done better.)
All About Toku
I have been speaking since the age of 13. My father was a professional public speaker and my mother is a public speaking university professor. So you could say that public speaking is in my blood. Throughout high school and college, I competed in many speaking and debate events and received several awards for excellence.
I spent over two and half years living at a Zen monastery and studying closely with two renowned American Zen masters, who are experts in the fields of meditation, mindfulness, mindful eating, and more. While at the monastery, I received training in non-violent communication, voice dialogue, the inner critic, Buddhist foundations, and creating life vows.
After leaving the monastery I founded MindFitMove to share my passion for mindfulness and habit formation with others. My passion stems from my personal experience with the transformative powers of mindfulness as well as the experience of my clients.
In addition to coaching, I write a popular blog that received over 700,000 views last year and have guest posted on popular mindfulness sites including Shambala Sun, Zen Habits Sea Change Program, Tiny Buddha, The Change Blog, The Good Men Project, The Huffington Post, and more.
In 2014 I was selected as a finalist from a field of over 50 of Portland’s coolest startups to speak at Pitchlandia, the world’s first ever public crowd funding event.
I currently live in Portland Oregon with my partner Jane and our cat Koshka. When I’m not talking about the power of mindfulness, I’m strength training, running long distances, teaching at a Buddhist Sunday school, or trying not to take myself too seriously.
Sample Video Clip
Doing Less is Okay: A Simple Guide to Living More
As an overachiever, your schedule can easily become a monster that rules every aspect of your life. Minimalist and Mindfulness expert Toku will teach you to tame the demon of time, so she becomes your most valuable friend and ally.
• The #1 reason people feel stressed about time.
• How understanding what you care about can relieve you from time stress.
• How to reframe your life so that you have more time to do what you love.
• The one secret you’ll wish you knew when you get to the end of your life.
The Happiness Habit: Escaping the Unhappiness Trap
All of us want to be happy, but so few of us realize how to get there. It can seem like no matter how much stuff or experiences you have happiness is just a little beyond your grasp. Using the science of habit formation, mindfulness expert Toku, will teach you how to escape the unhappiness trap and feel successful in good times and bad.
• Learn the way bad habits keep you trapped in a cycle of suffering and disappointment
• Learn the how you can use the power of habits to create lasting happiness
• Learn simple habit formation techniques you can use everyday to find the happiness that’s been just beyond your grasp . . . (until now)
Under My Skin: Mindfulness and Anger
Anger is one of the most powerful and misunderstood emotions in our lives. While anger can be damaging is worked with it can become a powerful teacher, helping us see the neglected area of our lives and personal history. Mindfulness expert Toku shares his own personal struggle with anger and how he used meditation and mindfulness techniques to overcome it’s power and embrace a new way of relating to the world.
• Understanding the root causes of anger including it’s powerful biological aspects
• Learn a simple technique to uncover the emotions that anger often hides.
• Find a way out of anger that helps you feel empowered and at peace in your relationships
The Next Step
If you are looking to create an event that inspires your audience as well as gives them practical ways to take action to expand their minds, improve their work, and love their lives, I feel confident that I can offer a presentation that will deliver.
To begin the discussion about how we can work together to create truly memorable and impactful event for the people you serve, just click the button below and I’ll be in touch with you right away.